The 2017 English-Speaking Union Ukraine Shakespeare Competition will take place on 1-20 April 2017 at Kirovograd State Pedagogical University.
The Competition is open for 10-11 form school pupils and 1-6 year of studying university students.
ROUNDS OF THE COMPETITION:
1. Make a video presentation of one sonnet and save it on Youtube. Take the sonnet only on the site.
2. Download an application form from the ESU web-site (http://www.esu-ua.org.ua Heading “Our Projects”, Shakespeare Competition). Fill in the form, indicating the reference to the video presentation on Youtube.
3. Send the application form with a link on the presentation in Youtube by email to email@example.com. Write your surname as the name of the document.
The Deadline for application forms and video presentations is 1 April, 2017.
The results of Round 1 will be announced on 10, April 2017 on the ESU site http://www.esu-ua.org.ua and semi-finalists will be invited to take part in the final of the competition.
1. Semi-finalists learn and recite a different sonnet by W. Shakespeare in the final stage of the competition. It will be held on 20 April 2017.
· Each participant must select, memorize and perform one sonnet from Shakespeare's 154 sonnet cycle for Round 1, and a different one for Round 2;
· The sonnet must be complete (no cutting of lines in the sonnet is allowed);
· Presentation should be shot indoors, in one place, at one time in sequence;
· Full length shot, formal style;
· Students can not wear costumes or use props of any kind (including chairs, jewelry, items of clothing, etc.);
· Music accompaniment is not allowed.
Presentations, which do not meet the above mentioned requirements, will not be taken into consideration.
Through the Shakespeare Competition students develop communication skills and an appreciation of the power of the English language and literature.
In the English-Speaking Union Ukraine Shakespeare Competition students:
· Get engaged in an interactive, performance-based study of the English literature.
· Participate in the close reading of Shakespeare's text through intellectual, physical and vocal engagement.
· Develop critical thinking and close reading skills.
· Increase their self-confidence with public-speaking.
· Discover and explore the beauty of complexity of Shakespeare's poetic language and classic themes.
· Bring the timeless works of Shakespeare to life and learn to express his words with understanding, feeling and clarity.
To learn more about the Competition and the English-Speaking Union Ukraine, visit www.esu-ua.org.ua Contact us by email/by mobile phone:
0509179515 Margaryta Danilko
066 3317911 Nadiya Ivanenko
0672546400 Larysa Yarova