The English-Speaking Union Ukraine has great pleasure in announcing the National Essay Writing Competition 2017.
The competition is open to all Ukrainian students aged 16-22.
Each competitor should write in English an original personal opinion essay on the theme:
“The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success”. While exploring the topic you should:
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure.
- Explore how it affected you.
- Discover what you learnt from the experience.
The Deadline for submitting an essay is 15 June 2017.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Your writing should be based on the structure of a personal opinion essay.
- The word counts are 500-600 words.
- The essay must be typed with double spacing, 14 point Times New Roman.
- Your last name should appear in the upper right corner of each page of your essay.
- The essay must be inventive and original, clearly and concisely written. We want to hear your individual voice, representing your own research and ideas.
- If a quotation is used, be sure to identify the source of information.
- Plagiarism will result in disqualification from this and any future English-Speaking Union Competitions.
To apply for competition the student must fill in a registration form (take the form on the Website: http://www.esu-ua.org.ua).
The essay and a filled in form must be sent by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The judges will assess the essays according to the following criteria:
- Contents, reasoningandevidence
- Development and analysis of arguments
- Language use
- Coherence, logics
The results of the National Essay Writing Competition 2017will be announced in September 2017 on the websitehttp://www.esu-ua.org.ua.
The winners will be awarded.
Please, feel free to contact us in case of any questions.
Contact details of the ESU Ukraine: